Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Self Portriat and Portriats part II and rules of Photoagraphy part II

Three tips that I Think were Helpfull For a great Self Portriat or Portriat.

Get Closer
The most common mistake made by photographers is that they are not physically close enough to their subjects. In some cases this means that the center of interest—the subject—is just a speck, too small to have any impact. Even when it is big enough to be decipherable, it usually carries little meaning. Viewers can sense when a subject is small because it was supposed to be and when it's small because the photographer was too shy to get close.
Don't be shy. If you approach people in the right way, they'll usually be happy to have their picture made. It's up to you to break the ice and get them to cooperate. Joke around with them. Tell them why you want to make the picture. Practice with people you know so that you are comfortable; people can sense when you aren't.
5 - Use a tripod. Seriously. While it’s possible to get good photos while you’re hanging on to your camera at arms-length, it’s a lot easier if you’ve got the freedom to move around a bit.
 Have fun with it. Be sexy. Be yourself. Be awesome. Be different. Be creative. Whatever you do, have fun with it. That’s part of the point, after all.





I realy thought these photos because the main subject was outlined by the other things around them. For example Paul Reed Smith showing his guitar was oultlined as the main subject by the other guitars hanging in a row and it gave the rule of lines and Framing. Also the picture of the woman doing yoga is reflected by the mountains. 


What I liked from these photos is that the subjects in the photos look comfortable and happy to be taken pictures of.




What I plan on photographing, is a musician that looks comfortable like the ones above I may do a Self portrait or if someone else feels comfortable of there photo being taken. I feel outside will be a great place, it is a comfortable, open environment, with plenty of light. I could go out in to the court yard were the threes are by the main office so that the light is not to strong but not to weak. I plan to use a tripod either if I do a self Portrait or Portrait of someone else to have a balanced Photo and avoid it being blurry. I will try to make sure I have enough light because were I plan to shoot could lack light. I will try to use the environment around me to help me use the rules of photography because that is hard to find outside and could be easier inside however I still wish to shoot outside.

Rules of Photography Part II

Symmetry and Patterns (repetition):   


Create Depth:

  








    



 Framing


Leading Lines
Rule of thirds
                     
 Background:
 Cropping:

Viewpoint:

 Balancing Elements:



Mergers and avoiding them





No comments:

Post a Comment